SNIC Large Compute
Calls for LARGE allocations are issued bi-annually by SNIC. The allocation periods start 1 July and 1 January for a 6- or 12-month period. The Current call is open from 8 September through 15 October 2021 at 15:00 CEST. The next call is scheduled for the spring of 2022.
For instructions regarding eligibility and how to apply please read How to apply for LARGE allocations.
Results for the Large Compute Spring 2021 call:
The table below shows SNIC resources that are available in the call SNAC Large Compute, Fall 2021 (period 1 January 2022 - 31 December 2022).
- Fall 2021: the total number of core or GPU hours/month that are available for LARGE allocations during the Fall 2021 allocation round.
- Minimum: Represents the upper limit on MEDIUM allocations in core or GPU hours/month. An application for a LARGE allocation must include a request above this limit for at least one resource.
|Dardel CPU||17 300 000||200 000|
Kebnekaise Large Memory
|2 200 000
| 200 000
|Tetralith||16 000 000||200 000|
|Alvis (AI/ML, GPU-h/month)||310 000||25 000|
How to apply for LARGE allocations
Please begin by reading the general information on how to apply for allocations on SNIC resources, where information about e.g. eligibility and how to fill in the mandatory appendices below is provided.
In addition to the application form, the application must include the following appendices that must be submitted electronically through the upload facility in the online proposal submission system.
1. CV of the PI - principal investigator (Maximum 2 pages.)
2. Publication list of the principal investigator
3. SNIC Project Description (Maximum 5 pages.)
4. Activity report (Maximum 8 pages.)
Large allocations are subject to scientific and technical evaluation.