C3SE, Chalmers University of Technology
The Hebbe cluster is built on Intel 2650v3 (Haswell) CPUs. The system consists of:
- In total 236 compute nodes (total of 4720 cores) and 20.4 TB of RAM. More specific:
- 192 compute nodes with 20 cores and 64 GB of RAM
- 34 computer node with 20 cores and 128 GB of RAM
- 7 compute nodes with 20 cores and 256 GB of RAM
- 3 compute node with 20 cores and 512 GB of RAM
- 4 compute nodes with 20 cores, 64 GB of RAM and 1 NVIDIA Tesla K40 GPU
- 1 compute nodes with 20 cores, 256 GB of RAM and NVIDIA k4200 for remote graphics
There are also 3 system servers used for accessing and managing the cluster.
There is a 10 Gbit/s Ethernet network used for logins, and a dedicated management network and an Infiniband high-speed/low-latency network for parallel computations and file system access. The nodes are equipped with Mellanox ConnectX-3 FDR Infiniband 56 Gbps HCA's.
The server and compute node hardware is built by HP and delivered by GoVirtual.
For more information regarding C3SE, including locally available resources, visit the C3SE web pages at http://www.c3se.chalmers.se